In February 2020 I started blogging here and sharing my recipes, cooking experiments and tips. In November 2020, I decided to post DIYs here as well - after all, I want everything that makes me happy to have a place here! The idea for this blog has been buzzing around in my head for a long time, but the right moment was never there. Until I thought that the "right" moment would never come and I just had to start! So I sat down at my laptop and with my little website knowledge I created a site that represents me and should inspire you.
The most difficult thing was to find a name for my blog. I wanted something original, something new and something that would make my readers curious. "Zungenspitzengefühl" which literally means "tip of the tongue feeling" is supposed to express how to season, stir and chop with passion and how to make everyone feel good, starting from the tip of the tongue.
There's always some craziness in my kitchen. I love feeling at home with traditional recipes, creating new ones with a twist and sending my taste buds to far away countries. I'm also a huge fan of DIYs and being creative is my second great passion.
At the moment I am studying in Vienna and I enjoy life here very much. Before I lived in Salzburg & I am originally from Mexico. Surely I will also share many insider tips from my culture here. Hopefully you feel welcome on my blog, no matter where you come from!
As a student there is often no time for hours of cooking, for these moments you will find simple and quick dishes. But if you want a little more, I also have special recipes for you to treat yourself and your loved ones. I have DIYs for special occasions, practical ones for everyday use and some just for fun.
This blog represents my love for cooking and being creative and is meant to transfer this enthusiasm to others. Let me surprise you, let's be creative and enjoy. Ready, set, go!
And because I'm 20 years old, here are 20 random facts about me!
- Although I love to cook, I'm perfectly happy with eating cornflakes or a glass of olives.
- When someone cooks for me, I reeeally have to try hard not to meddle.
- Usually I have hundreds of projects in my mind and would like to do them all at the same time.
- There are phases in which I would like to only eat pancakes.
- I speak Spanish, German, English and French and I am currently working on my Italian.
- ... I also speak those languages when I'm asleep.
- Doing dishes and cleaning up after cooking isn't my strong suit.
- Currently I'm in the middle of my business law studies, and I am also very interested in psychology. Nevertheless, I would like to go in a completely different direction professionally.
- As a child I wanted to become an actress and marine biologist, which I imagined as swimming with dolphins and turtles every day.
- I'm super thrifty.
- As a child I often made breakfast for my parents and for coffee I simply put the ground beans in milk.
- I always confuse my left and right.
- I love challenging people and winning.
- If I can't think of a word, I say any other random word instead.
- I love dancing and have tried almost every style.
- I enjoy Trash-TV (recommendations always welcome!).
- I like playing hostess, especially when all the plates end up empty.
- As a child I gave myself 7 more first names and was convinced that it was my real name.
- Disney movies, music in spanish and cute kids make me happy.
- Usually I don't cook by recipe, so writing it down and sharing it is a good challenge.